Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Question....

MOPS...Mothers of Pre-schoolers...I love this ministry.  I get to hold babies (they call me the baby stealer and a few times the baby whisperer), mentor amazing women and allow them into my life as a wife and mother, teach Bible studies, and listen to amazing speakers.

This past week we had a MAN PANEL!  They were to talk about what men desired in a relationship.  AND I learned that after 38+ years of marriage, I had a lot to learn.  Here are some of the random thoughts stood out in my mind and heart.

1. Men are big boys with fragile egos.  Be aware of how and what you say to them because they may never tell you that you have hurt them but instead will withdraw from the relationship.
Sometimes my pictures have nothing to do with what I am
saying and everything about what makes me happy!
2. When you are trying to get them to understand you...make sure that you are not holding an ideal that they will never attain.  Don't wish 33 years of marriage for another person and miss the one that God has gifted to you.
3. Our husbands need our attention.  They do want to talk but rarely want to compete with children, TV, phones, or other distractions.
4. Ask your husband how can we, as wives support them.  I asked Steve this one and he told me by not going out and buying paint for the laundry room without his input. :-) Then we had a serious discussion.

As I listened and talked to the ladies at our table afterwards (while cuddling with a sleeping sweetheart) I realized that we as moms forget that our day, no matter how chaotic it was or how exhausted we are, need to affirm our husbands in the way that they take care of us.  We need to praise God for the gift that He has chosen for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment