Thursday, February 7, 2013

How do I respond with a heavenly nudge?

This week I have had opportunity to listen to several amazing women's testimonies of the struggles that they had gone through.  It made me wonder what I do with the nudges that God has given me.

One woman had had a very difficult day.  She had visited her husband and for the first time, he did not know her.  She was discouraged and stopped on her way home to run an errand.  A car pulled up and motioned to her to come to the car.  When she did, the driver gave her a bouquet of roses.  She said, they are yours.  My friend saw an angel in that gift.  I believe that she did.  Whether it was a celestial being, which I have no doubt that it could have been or someone who was so closely connected to the Spirit, it doesn't really matter.  What matters is what would I do if I were nudged to give a stranger something as "silly" as a bouquet of roses?  Would I respond?  Would I try to rationalize it as craziness?  Would I question?  For the recipient of the roses, it was a gift from God to tell her that she was important.  He loved her.  He knew her pain and would be with her.

 
Another woman talked about the financial struggles that she and her husband were going through. Throughout the year, God met their needs of food, clothing, and many other needs. With each need met, she rejoiced and gave the praise to God.  Christmas came and they didn't have enough money for Christmas presents that year for their 2 small boys.  She "wished" that the boys could have matching Christmas pajamas.  That was all she really wanted.  One night they came home to a patio filled with food, gift cards, and wrapped presents for her little boys.  One was marked: DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS EVE.  You know where the story is going...Christmas pajamas for her little boys.  God heard her mother's heart and her "wish" and blessed them beyond.

God sees our needs, hears our hearts and multiplies His blessings to us.  I know that.  My questions were about me.  We are to be the hands and feet of Jesus...when He nudges me...how do I respond to the nudge? 

Like Samuel and Mary and many others in the Bible, I would like my response to be:  here I am Lord, let me help.  Let me give roses to a stranger because I do not know what you want to say to her through me.  Let me buy Christmas pajamas and strengthen a mother's faith in you .  Let me be willing to listen to your whisper and to feel your nudge.  Jesus, keep me sensitive to the needs that I see around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment